Sunday, October 23, 2011

Are Shower Head Water Filters a "Need" Or a "Want?"

Are Shower Head Water Filters a "Need" Or a "Want?"

Water Filter

As you know, more and more people are becoming concerned about the chemicals in our home and work environments, additives to food to extend the manufacturer's shelf life and possible carcinogens in our water supply.

All municipal water supplies add chemicals, mainly chlorine, to kill other harmful organisms. Then we either buy bottled water or install a water filter at the kitchen sink. Some folks feel the "need", and will spend the additional money, for water filters for the whole house through a central unit. When you think your family's health may be in danger, "wants" becomes "needs" very quickly. 

I wanted a filtered shower head for vanity reasons! Swimming in a chlorinated pool always leaves my hair and skin feeling dry and stripped of the protective layer of oil. So I wanted to be able to shower in water that was free of chemicals, like a mountain stream - but indoors! And the thought chlorine vaporizing in my nice hot, enclosed shower and me breathing it into my lungs, put a shower filter at the top of my "need" list. 

I did my research, and you should too, to find the best shower head. Look for one with a 2-stage filter cartridge and that is easy to install. And, of course, having a Consumer's Reports "Best Buy" rating for the current year will help to confirm your decision.

Whether I needed it or not, I enjoy showering "chlorine free" and have experienced the benefits of softer skin and hair. My vanity is intact!  See how I discovered the best shower head.

Oriental Rugs Austin Tx

No comments:

Post a Comment